The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

What does being in NJHS mean to you?

April 25, 2019

NJHS or National Junior Honor Society is a select group of kids who have gotten a 3.75 GPA or above for three semesters straight. Every year in students’ 4th semester there is an annual induction ceremony where parents can watch their kids achieve a new milestone in their life. At the ceremony, the new members are welcomed by the President (Xander Estrada), Vice president (Brianna Biniak), and 3 Secretaries (Daniel Zhang, Alyssa Ilasco, and Aruushi Kaur). Along with speeches from Principle Scott and Vice Principle Fortney. But what does being in NJHS mean to the students? “Being in NJHS means that I showed that I’ve worked hard. Also it felt good and an honor to receive an award because I think that if you do something good you should get some type of recognition,” Ava Cruz (7) said. “Being in NJHS means a lot to me because it makes me feel proud of myself and shows that I succeeded in all of my classes. Also it helps me realize that my hard work finally paid off and it gives me more motivation to keep going,” Miles Ilasco (7) also stated. As you can see, being in NJHS is a lot more than just an award. It makes students feel good about themselves and motivates them to keep moving forward and striving to be the best they can be.