The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

The Great Seventh grade Debate

April 29, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Great Seventh grade Debate

The 2019 seventh grade debate was a great battle of the seventh grade cores. Ms. Mcdonald , Mrs. Newcomb and Mr.Reed’s classes all went up against each other for a fantastic 3 day debate. There were lots of great judges that went including, Mr.Scott (Our principal) Dr.Young (The superintendent), and many more spectacular judges. You might be asking what was the 3 day debate for?” Well this 3 day debate was for the seventh grade argument unit in English. All of the seventh graders prepared to fight for their topic like, should P.E. be mandatory? or should we use plastic water bottles? Other than preparing you also had to present in front of not just your class but the rest of the core! Crazy right! In the end though, every student was very brave and confident and did their speech greatly. Even though people lost and people won, in the end it didn’t matter, It was a fun and great experience to have and many people were very happy even when they won and lost. “The experience was nerve-racking and exiting but in the end taught me that other opinions do matter.” Says Gaelen Ancheta on her thoughts on the seventh grade debate.

Well that’s all on the seventh grade debate! For more details on the great seventh grade debate here are some photos of the fantastic event: