The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

National Charity League

March 7, 2019

What is NCL? National Charity League, Inc. (NCL, Inc.) is a non-profit national organization of mother and daughter members in Chapters across the United States. National Charity League was established in 1925, when a group of women founded the organization in Los Angeles. They supported the American Red Cross by making layettes and assembling food baskets for the hungry during the holidays. The women engaged their daughters and by 1938, the daughters formed their own group.

How it works: Mothers (Patronesses) and daughters (Ticktockers) participate in a six-year core program of community service, leadership development, and cultural activities. Members who continue their affiliation with the organization are Sustainers.

NCL’s goal:National Charity League, Inc. (NCL, Inc.) is committed to the development of mothers and daughters as leaders and is dedicated to improving local communities through hands-on volunteerism. The NCL Experience inspires and empowers women to succeed as confident, well-rounded and socially aware contributors to society.

“I like to work at Loma Vista farm and help out with the horses.”-Kendall Ross (7)

“I like to help out at the food banks cause I know its going to a good cause.”-Morgan Fry (8)