The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

2019 Talent Show

Student Life

February 6, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

2019 Talent Show

There were 18 acts at this year’s variety show, ranging from Caleb Rippee (8) drumming along to The Emperor’s New Clothes By Panic! At The Disco to Piper Whitty and Tyler Ward (6) dancing to Uptown Funk By Bruno Mars.  Every participant worked hard, attending two dress rehearsals after school to make sure that the actual performance would be spot on.  The talent show was able to flow perfectly from act to act with the help of two advanced drama students, Rory Coyne, and Rosalie Sackett. In between acts, instead of just announcing the names, Rory and Rosalie put a little action between each act. The act revolved around Rory playing as the daughter of Rosalie. Everyone in the audience laughed at the funny skits the “Mom and Daughter” were able to pull out. Many acts were upbeat like Nehemiah Perez dancing to a Long Time by Da’ T.R.U.T.H. while others were more gentle including Lucy Albrecht playing her ukulele and singing to Party Favor by Billie Eilish. Last year, Lucy Albrecht was in the talent show, this year she joins again. Aruushi Kaur ends the show being the eighteen act doing a Bollywood dance to Zau De. Aruushi has been in the talent show all three years, always showing up in her ethnic, sparkly, and colorful Indian Dress. It has been a tradition to always have Aruushi in the talent show. It’s always a guarantee that she can make the crowd pumped up and singing along.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “2019 Talent Show”

1. Ms. McDonald on February 7th, 2019 3:31 pm

The Talent Show is a highlight of our year. The talent exhibited this year was unparalleled. I love to see all our students having fun showing us what how creative and talented they are. Go Viking!

2. Lillian Theis on February 22nd, 2019 11:29 am

ARUUSHIIIIIIIIIIII

3. Ava Edwards on February 22nd, 2019 12:48 pm

I wish i got to see the talent show but i took a trip to the philippines but from all the pictures it looked great

What do you think? Give us your opinion below.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Eye of the Viking • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in