The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

Top 10 Fashion Trends of 2018

Student Life

January 14, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top 10 Fashion Trends of 2018

As we get settled into the new year and leave 2018 behind, we do have great memories we won’t forget soon. One major part of 2018 was style,trends and fashion. This article is about the top 10 fashion trends of 2018!

#1 Nike Air Force Ones: Nike Airs were a major hit of early 2018 becoming known in early 2017, everyone was soon to start wearing them once April arrived. These Nike’s can be worn with anything! Sweatpants, skirts, shorts, you name it! The Nike Airs will look good with any style you’re trying to achieve!

#2 Brandy Melville: Of course Brandy Melville would be on this list! All the shirts and sweatshirts are effortlessly fashionable. Brandy Melville won’t let you down!

#3 Clout googles: Whether you are trying to recreate a vine or try making a fashion look these clout googles are a big hit even now in 2019! Are you trying to make your friends laugh or have a cute summer look, these clout googles will be the best to have!

#4 Fanny Packs: Yes you heard it right,Fanny Packs are back and better than ever! Fanny Packs were fashionable in the 90’s and are coming back again!You can carry all your essential stuff around! Chap stick,wallet,phone, even a wand of mascara, your fanny pack can carry that easily!

#5 Checkered everything:Checkered is a major thing everyone is wearing! Checkered vans,checkered shirts, checkered backpacks,checkered skirts Anything! Checkered is a perfect accessory or outfit to wear any day!

#6 Supreme: Supreme did come in early 2018 but it’s still hot and on top! Their clothing is a very simple but cute clothing item to wear! Shirts,hats,backpacks, anything! You can even see Kermit the Frog wearing the supreme logo!

#7 Scrunchies:Originally popular in the 1980’s, here for the 2nd time around! The fabric is fashionable and comfortable for your wrist and a fashionable accessory to have in your hair instead of a boring hair band. Scrunchies made a huge mark in the 80’s, do you think it’ll make a bigger mark now?

#8 Fila Disruptors: These shoes you can do anything and are very stylish which is basically the perfect shoe! These shoes would be awesome to walk on the runway with or just to wear walking downtown with!

#9 Morphe X James Charles palette:James Charles is a makeup icon! He’s very talented and well known in the makeup industry and in just the world in general! He teamed up with morphe for his James Charles palette where you can “Unleash your inner artist” . You can do any eye look and contouring with this palette. We love our sister James!

#10 Glossier/Milk makeup: Glossier and Milk have done major with their beauty products. Glossier with their moisturizing lip gloss and lip balm and Milk with their cooling water and amazing highlight. These makeup companies have done amazing with their facial and lip care as well as giving a little sparkle and shine to it!

And there we have our top 10 fashion trends of 2018! I hope you enjoyed this article and if you want to see our students rock these fashion trends scroll down to see the photos!

photo by Miel Uoo worn by Tanna Kelly
 Photo by: Tanna Kelly Worn by:Emma Jury
 Photo by Tanna Kelly worn by Alex Beaumont
 Photo by Tanna Kelly Worn by Cassie Ariza
 Photo by Tanna Kelly Worn by Alli Mcabe
 Photo by Miel Uoo Worn by Ella Perrin
 Photo by Miel Uoo worn by Kai Peterson
 Photo by Miel Uoo Worn by Tanna Kelly
 Photo by Tanna Kelly Worn by Kate Saari
Photo by Miel Uoo Brought by Kaylee Robinson
 Photo by Miel Uoo Brought Kaylee Robinson
 Photo by Tanna Kelly Worn by Penny Macias
 Photo by Miel Uoo brought by Chloe Solla
 Photo by Miel Uoo Worn by Chloe Solla
5 Comments

5 Responses to “Top 10 Fashion Trends of 2018”

1. Lillian Theis on January 14th, 2019 11:19 am

WOWOOWowowowowoOOWo

2. tanna kelly on January 16th, 2019 1:46 pm

this article is really good i love the photos and the description in each trend!!!!!!! 🙂 😀 <3

3. Sophia Roth on January 23rd, 2019 9:55 am

Airpods don’t fall out

4. Alli McCabe on February 4th, 2019 4:52 pm

Oh wow im in this articleeee

5. Robert Nowinski on February 22nd, 2019 10:19 am

Supreme is expensive yet it is still going strong.

What do you think? Give us your opinion below.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Eye of the Viking • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in