The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

Canned Food Drive

Student Life

November 29, 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Canned Food Drive

Did you know that over 805 million people suffer with the cause of starvation? Well here at Benicia Middle we’ve been on a roll of a canned food drive for twenty plus years now. With teachers all competing in who can collect the most amount of cans in a two week span. From November 5th all the way to the 16th. “I started competing in this canned food drive because I love feeling the generosity and being able to help those people that are in the need of food. Since, we are quite a generous school, I feel that we have a lot to offer and to give. ” Mrs.Fields says. With her three part plan of how to beat Mrs. Biletnikoff the raining champ of the last years canned food drive. “I really enjoy bringing cans in for the canned food drive because I enjoy donating for those people who need it. For one it’s a worthy cause that helps our community and that is very critical to help us.” Mrs. Biletnikoff says.

With everyone starving from lack of food sources and to all hunger problems this canned food drive helps raise awareness for all those in need. Bringing is cans for the food bank of Contra Costa and Solano. For each dollar the food bank matches it with three cans! Just imagine if about each student brought in one dollar each we could easily raise over 3,000 cans, helping our community tremendously. So, come support the canned food drive. Help by donating maybe a couple cents, or maybe a dollar. Or a couple cans. All to help and raise support those who needs it the most especially around this Thanksgiving holiday. A true way to be grateful for what we have.