The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

Girls Volleyball

Sports

October 18, 2018

Girls Volleyball

“ AWEEE ACE! ” You may have noticed that the teams for girls volleyball have been training for future games. Tryouts were on August 27-8/30/18. As soon as tryouts were over they started working a 2 hours a day after school , 3:30 – 5:00 in the gym,  under Coach Rori who coaches 8th grade & Coach Gage & Natalie who coach 6-7th. “Setting is my favorite move”- Jillian Duane ( 7 ) who plays for Club Solano .

There are 6 positions, outside hitter, opposite hitter, setter, middle blocker, libro, & defensive specialist. Reagan Brumfield’s ( 7 ) favorite position is outside hitter. Reagan has really helped the team with her powerful hits making a point for the team with the help of her setting Jillian! Ava Edwards’ ( 6 ) favorite position is front center. She likes to get the ball so she can hit it over and score a point with the help of Rachelle Gresefield ( 7 ) ace’s ! Dayna Ajari ( 8 ) helps her team with her amazing serves and hits. Rheanne Santos ( 8 ) also is an amazing server with all her ace’s.

Their are also at least 9 people to a team. This season they’re going all out, training as hard as they can, pushing the limits, working on winning the Championship this year.

So far they’re off to a great start. Their recent game was against Stanley Middle School. Both 7-6 A and B team won 1-2. Dayna Ajari ( 8 ) helps her team with her amazing serves and hits. Rheanne Santos ( 8 ) also is an amazing server with all her ace’s.