• April 26The last day of school is Friday, June 8th!

• April 26Memorial Day is on Monday, May 28th!

• August 21Welcome to the BMS Newspaper!

Eye of the Viking

Super Bowl 2018

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - FEBRUARY 04:  Nick Foles #9 of the Philadelphia Eagles celebrates after a 21-yard touchdown during the second quarter against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII at U.S. Bank Stadium on February 4, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - FEBRUARY 04: Nick Foles #9 of the Philadelphia Eagles celebrates after a 21-yard touchdown during the second quarter against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII at U.S. Bank Stadium on February 4, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Kyla Mitchell, World Events Contributor

The Philadelphia Eagles defeat the New England Patriots at a 41-33 game in the Super Bowl LII on Sunday, February 4. Starting off the game, Pink sang the “Star Spangled Banner” before her favorite team, the Eagles, took the field. Soon, at half time with the score at 22-12,  Justin Timberlake took the stage and preformed some of his best hits–including a Prince tribute. According to CBS, “The Patriots were 4-and-a-half point favorites to beat the Eagles on Sunday. If they’d won, they would have walked away with the franchise’s sixth Super Bowl championship.” On Sunday night, thousands of fans filled the streets in Philadelphia to celebrate their home team’s win over the Patriots. Philadelphia mayor, Jim Kenny, released a statement about the Eagles victory, “For so many who have called themselves Eagles fans for a generation, this is the day, the game, the season, and the team we’ve dreamed of. The 2017-18 Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl Champions, and they’ve brought tremendous joy to hundreds of thousands throughout the City and region.  They consistently wowed us with their dynamic play and relentless pursuit of victory. Their “Next Man Up” mentality when injuries arose was inspiring to anyone who has ever faced a setback, as was their willingness to embrace the role of underdogs. They looked another storied football franchise in the eyes, and never blinked. So to every member of the Eagles, from owners Jeff and Tina Lurie, and Christina Weiss Lurie, to Howie Roseman and the entire front office staff, to Doug Pederson and his coaches, and to the players who won our hearts with their resilient and exciting play: thank you.  You are champions, and your accomplishments will forever be part of the rich history of Philadelphia sports. To the fans: I have long felt that our City’s professional and collegiate sports teams bring Philadelphians together, regardless of race, income, neighborhood or gender, and that was never more true than during the Eagles’ brilliant season. We know you have waited years, some for decades, for the chance to crown your Birds as champs.  I urge everyone to celebrate in a way that is safe and respectful to everyone, from neighbors to strangers. Go forth and celebrate, but do so in a way that will make Philadelphia shine.”