The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

Showing our SPIRIT during Red Ribbon Week

November 1, 2017

The week of October 23rd through 27th was short but fun at Benicia Middle School. It was that time of the season again, Spirit Week! Students were able to show off their spirit in many creative ways. On Monday, the spirit week began with a burst of color with class colors day. 6th graders wore green, 7th graders wore purple, and 8th graders wore pink. To make the day even more fun, Leadership set up games at lunch! On Tuesday, students showed off their vacation gear for Tacky Tourist Day. Everyone sported socks and sandals, sunglasses, hiking boots and more. On Wednesday it was Red day, where students wore all the red they could find in their closets. There was also games at lunch. On Thursday, everyone dressed up in their Pajamas on PJ Day. The saying for Thursday was “Pick dreams not drugs!” Friday was the last day of the spirit week. To end with a bang, BMS students dressed up as a lifesavers. What’s a lifesaver? A lifesaver is someone that saves lives: Doctors, firemen, lifeguards, etc. To make the day more energetic, there was lots of movement at lunch where kids danced to the top hits. Besides dressing up for the spirit days, BMS held a coin drive all through spirit week. It was a battle of the grades. 6th, 7th, and 8th graders all participated to get out of a PE Fitness Day. In the end, the 8th graders won with close to $600! All together, students raised more than $1000! All donations raised went to Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer, and St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.  BMS thanks you for showing spirit and donating to the charity coin drive. Remember, life is more colorful without drugs!