The Student News Site of Benicia Middle School

Mr. Sindel, Ballroom Dancer?

November 8, 2017

When most people see Mr. Sindel, they think that he is just an average math teacher. However, did you know that he has a life outside of the classroom? Mr. Sindel takes dance classes at the Allegro Ballroom in Emeryville, in which he participates in various types of dancing. These include all of the versions of Latin dancing, Foxtrot, Waltz, and the Argentina Tangle.

Mr. Sindel enjoys dancing because it is an activity you can take part in for the rest of your life. It is also an opportunity to meet new people and make friends, and you can compete at any level. Some benefits to dancing, according to Mr. Sindel are, it is a great way to stay healthy, you can apply cool makeup for performances, it is fun standing on stage and just making people laugh and having a good time. Also, some of the competitions are local in the Bay Area, so friends and family don’t have to travel too far. Mr. Sindel started taking dance lessons soon after he could no longer compete in his athletic career. He used to play tennis, but due to the cost of tours, and wanting to have time for himself not out training, and he knew that if he played competitively he would only be doing that for two or three years maximum.  So, he decided to stop tennis for a while and start dancing. Mr. Sindel still enjoys to play tennis now, even though he dances.

1 Comment

One Response to “Mr. Sindel, Ballroom Dancer?”

1. Angel Navaroo on January 19th, 2018 10:00 am

U a cool dawg and u lit

[Reply]

What do you think? Give us your opinion below.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Eye of the Viking • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in